Every small business has dreams of growing its customer base, and there are plenty of areas that you can focus on. From content marketing to utilizing customer feedback, let’s take a look in a little more detail.
Improve Your Content Marketing
To attract new customers you need to work on improving your content marketing. You need to produce content that’s engaging, fresh, and SEO optimized. Video marketing is an excellent way to boost conversions, and there are plenty of other ways to generate new leads:
- Use influencer marketing to reach new audiences online.
- Run social media competitions, (encouraging participants to tag their friends).
- Create interactive content such as polls and quizzes.
- Look at the content your competitors produce, to stay one step ahead.
You don’t need a huge budget to make great content, there are plenty of free content tools that are perfect for startups.
According to Boast, ‘72% of consumers say positive testimonials and reviews increase their trust in a business.’ Adding testimonials to your site can help you to encourage new customers, and boost your credibility. Approach your loyal customers, and ask them to provide a testimonial for your website. Positive online reviews are another great way to attract new customers. Bad reviews on the other hand will turn potential buyers away. To manage your reputation online it can be helpful to work with a reputation management company.
Get Customer Feedback
Collect customer feedback from your existing customers, to help you identify your strengths, and the areas you could improve. With insights like these, you can improve your products and your marketing, to attract new customers. There are plenty of different ways to collect customer feedback including:
- Net promoter score surveys: these are surveys that only include one question. The question asks customers how likely they are to recommend your product to a colleague or friend. An NPS survey is usually a pop-up form at the check-out.
- Email surveys: you can also contact your customers by email, asking them to fill in a slightly longer feedback survey.
- Chatbots: when your customers interact with chatbots you can take the opportunity to ask them for feedback.
Improve Your Products and Services
If you’re serious about growing your customer base you’ve got to keep on improving your products and services. Use the insights that you gain from your customer feedback, to work on the products you’re offering. You’ll need to ensure quality at every stage, from your materials and suppliers to your branding and social media presence. Whether you need a bubble tea supplier or a supplier of art materials ensure that you work with eco-friendly companies! Modern consumers expect brands to have a positive impact on the environment and society.
Lastly, don’t forget to provide incentives for new customers, you might offer discounts or customer loyalty rewards. With so many brands to choose from, it’s worth offering a freebie to entice people in!